Our employees work together in cooperation, sharing the same mindset.
We always strive to put ourselves
in our customers’ shoes, as we create products
with safety and peace of mind.
- Making great
We do our utmost to create products that are in line
with consumer needs, and are always working
hard to create products that are brand-new.
- Making great
OUR CORPORATE CODE
Takuma Foods has been accepting internships from students at local schools (junior/senior high, universities and supporting schools) for the past seven or eight years. We will continue these activities as we support our local community and society in general, even if only in some small way. We also have a flexible approach towards employment.
FROM THE PRESIDENT
Takuma Foods began in 1983 in Kasugai City, Aichi Prefecture as Takuma Shokuhin, a packager of seafood delicacies. Since our establishment, we have steadily expanded as a processed foods manufacturer with a robust business, with our current lineup now including products made from beans and dried fruits, in addition to seafood products. We want to bring the blessings of both land and sea to our customers in an even more delicious way, and this is our mindset as we engage in various activities and take on new challenges.
Takuma Foods brings both foods and dreams to the world. We believe that our products need to bring fun to peopleʼs lives, helping to warm the spirits of children, colleagues at work and family as they enjoy the moment.
This is why we must keep developing fun and delicious plans for products, being the front-runners in using seasonal ingredients to constantly pique the interest of our customers. Looking at things on a global level, weʼre also making efforts to develop safe and natural products. In the upcoming years, we want to use the latest information to realize an even speedier product creation process, by enhancing our use of information technology.
Also, we are taking a renewed look at quality in terms of safety, as we aim to be a company that offers great value to society. Due to the increasing complexity of the environment in which we do business—factors like ecological destruction, environmental hormones, genetically-modified foods and so on—we foresee that it may be increasingly difficult to enjoy having “safe” food products in the decades to come. In the midst of this, we are asking ourselves what kind of company we should be, as a producer of food products; and we have set out in our efforts to meet new challenges. We have unfailingly continued with our “Safety First” efforts through the present, and we plan to enhance these activities even further. Further, at our factories that meet global quality standards, we are building a seamless organization and the finest product quality system, in which the quality control situation smoothly flows from our top management to the workplace and back. In the future, we want to affirmatively roll our products out throughout the country with an expanded network that offers efficient logistics, so that an even wider customer base can enjoy our products even quicker and more inexpensively.
We encourage you to keep an eye out for our future developments.
- Trade name
- TAKUMA FOODS CO.,LTD.
- 3-15-3 Matsukawado-cho, Kasugai-city, Aichi-pref, 486-0932, Japan
Sales and procurement department : +81 568 86 5550
Accounts and general affairs department : +81 568 86 5585
Customer support contact center : +81 120 613 663
Overseas trading department : +81 568 86 5570
T.K.M.Co.,Ltd. : +81 568 86 5570
- Business content and services
- Manufacturing, processing and wholesale of imported food products, seafood delicacy products,
nuts, snacks (confections) and dried fruits
- March 8, 1985
- CEO (Chief Executive Officer)
- Hidenobu Takuma
- Fumitaka Takuma
- 72 million yen
- 67 full-time, 127 part-time (as of July 2019)
- Affiliated companies
- T.K.M.Co.,Ltd. (trading company)
- Banks used
- MUFG Bank, Ltd. Aichi Bank,Ltd. Ogaki Kyoritsu Bank,Ltd. Juroku Bank, Ltd.
- Transportation Access
- View larger map
- Mar 1983
- Founded Takuma Shokuhin.
- Mar 1985
- Established Takuma Foods Co., Ltd. (capital: 10 million yen).
- Oct 1985
- Built Kachigawa factory as new headquarters.
Began sales of “Za-Chinmi .” This was Takuma Foods’ first major-selling product.
and was a hit product offering an assortment of seven types to enjoy at once that hit the “sweet spot” of the industry.
- Jan 1988
- Began sales of “Shiretoko Tarapiro.”
At the time, it was standard practice in the delicacies industry to package products in cellophane by twisting the bag closed like candy. Takuma Foods was the first to use pillow packaging (packaging products individually), raising our recognition in the industry.This packaging method was favorably accepted by consumers for its superior preservation capability, cleanliness, appearance of added volume, and so on.
- Mar 1989
- Increased capital to 20 million yen.
- May 1989
- Opened the east wing of the Kachigawa factory.
Began sales of our “Baribari-Zuke” product using individual pillow packaging. This was a hit product that offered a new way to eat o-tsukemono (Japanese pickles), anywhere and anytime—a totally new concept in the industry.
- Dec 1989
- Began sales of “Ofukuro-san.” At the time, it was common practice in the market to sell one item per package, but this product featured individual pillow packets to package several different items into one bag as a mix. The plan succeeded brilliantly.
- Sep 1990
- Increased capital to 30 million yen.
- Nov 1991
- Began sales of “Ichijiku-Piro”. This was popular amongst young women as a health food product.This revolutionary product featured dried fruits in individual pillow packets.
- Dec 1991
- Began sales of “Onepackun Otosan”.
Consumers discovered the convenience of having mixed products in individual pillow packets, and this practice was followed in similar products by other companies.
- Jun 1993
- Opened the west wing of the Kachigawa factory.
- Sep 1993
- Established T.K.M. CO.,LTD. (capital: 30 million yen).
- Dec 1994
- Began sales of “Otosan Okottazo” (literally, “Father is mad”).
The name originated from the anger of the “father” or inventor of the “Onepackun Otosan” snack, who eventually became enraged at the huge number of similar products that later came onto the market. The original product itself was significantly improved, giving birth to this new product.
- Apr 1996
- Opened the No. 1 Logistics Center.
- May 1996
- Established factory in Qingdao, China (capital: 100 million Japanese yen).
- Jul 1996
- Began sales of “Surume Jerky”.
This product was a huge hit as a dagashi snack aimed at kids, with stick-shaped dried squid packaged in individual pillow packs.
Began TV commercials for “Onepackun Otosan Okottazo”.
- Mar 1998
- Increased capital to 48 million yen.
- Jun 2000
- Opened new factory in Matsukawado.
Began sales of “Ageshio Rakkasei.”
The president at the time (currently chairman) got the idea for the product when he saw similar snacks served before meals in China, and succeeded for the first time in marketing this in Japan! The product garnered attention in the industry and many similar products were marketed by other companies thereafter, but this was our #1 product in terms of taste and sales.
- Dec 2000
- Acquired the ISO9001:1994 certification.
- Sep 2001
- Began sales of “Ikachoko.”
This kind of snack was the first in the industry, featuring dried squid strands with a chocolate topping—completely unheard of until then.
Quite popular amongst snack aficionados.
- Oct 2001
- Began sales of “Tsuki no Koishi Chocolate.”
The product featured chocolate chunks that looked just like rocks (hence the “koishi” in the name), which certainly raised eyebrows at first glance.
This package of this popular product featured a mysterious image resembling the moon.
The snack gained attention when sumo champion Asashoryu took it home as a souvenir from the variety TV program, “Tonneruzu no Minasan no Okage Deshita.”
- Aug 2002
- Increased capital to 72 million yen.
- Oct 2002
- Began sales of the amazing best-seller, “Kitty Jelly.”
The snack was developed in cooperation with Sanrio and contained fruit-flavored jelly in jar with a “Hello Kitty” design. The superior aspect of this product was the jar, which could be used as a coin bank after the jelly was eaten.
Began sales of “Umeiri Kuro-Bekkoame.”
This hard tortoise-shell candy contained brown sugar and dried plum, and was a big success with housewives.
Customers kept talking, and we still keep getting inquiries about this candy due to its popularity.
- Nov 2003
- Acquired the ISO9001:2000 certification.
- Mar 2005
- Relocated our headquarters to Matsukawado.
- Jun 2005
- Began sales of “Pudding-dog Pudding Jelly.”
This product featured a container shaped like a cute dog with a pudding-shaped head, with pudding gelatin inside.
This marked the birth of an original Takuma Foods character.
This popular product was also used as a prize in UFO Catcher arcade games.
- Jul 2006
- Began sales of “Mukiguri-chan.”
This was a totally new product concept, containing three individually-packaged and deshelled sweet roasted chestnuts.
The product gained popularity as being able to eat like a dagashi snack, just right for consumers who just wanted a little something to munch on.
- Feb 2008
- Began sales of “Wafu Cereal Gokoku.”
This product was developed as an unusual Japanese-style cereal that used gokoku (a blend of white rice, barley, beans, and two kinds of millet), a food offering superior nutritional balance.
The product became popular for its use in helping to control metabolic syndrome, as a diet product and a food for weaning babies.
- Nov 2009
- Acquired the ISO9001:2008 certification.
- Mar 2011
- Signed a licensing contract with Walt Disney Japan.
- Jan 2012
- Closed the factory in Qingdao, China.
- Nov 2012
- Signed a licensing contract with Tsuburaya Productions.
- Jan 2013
- Opened factory no. 2 in Matsukawado.
- Aug 2013
- Expanded headquarters factory in Matsukawado.
- Sep 2013
- Closed Kachigawa factory.
- May 2014
- Founding president Hidenobu Takuma became chairman.
Fumitaka Takuma becomes president.
- Jun 2014
- Signed a licensing contract for the Doraemon character with Shogakukan.
- “Age-Ginnan” becomes a major success.
Products that have been developed gradually over the course of five to six years now experiencing a major increase in sales!
- Feb 2017
- Began sales of the “One-Million Yen Bill Yaki-Kama.” The product was a smash hit!
- Jun 2017
- Logistics warehouse in Matsukawado completed.
- Jul 2019
- Acquired the FSSC22000 certification.